Friday, August 24, 2012

What a morning!


Friday is Emrie's day to hang out with her Mufasa (my dad).  Daddy normally gets to our house about 7am but this morning I asked him to come a little early because I had so much stuff to do at the radio station.  He rolled in at 6:40am.  Perfect!  An extra 20 minutes goes a long way in radio.  So, I grab all my stuff and I'm ready to leave but before I do I poke my head in to check on Emrie.  She's up and starts chattering away at me.  I, of course, walk in and snatch her up for morning hugs and kisses (the best).  It's after that first kiss that I get a good whiff of her.  Whoo...she was a stinker...REALLY.  That's when I also notice her bed.  Emrie has had a world class blow out!  Poop everywhere.  My dad takes one look and says "I'll go fix breakfast while you clean her up."  Way to take the cowards path, Daddy! 

So, I strip her down and put in her in the bath tub for a morning scrub down.  She loved it.  She loves baths in general.  While she's playing in the bubbles, I go about pulling off the linen off her bed and changing table then wipe everything down and put fresh lines back on.  Her room is ready to go.  I get Emrie dried off, dressed and ready for her day and I'm finally ready to leave for work.  Now, I'm late! 

As I was rushing out the door, Emrie climbed up on her new unicorn she got in Kemah last weekend and started bouncing on it like her rocking horse.  It was awesome.  I managed to snap a picture with my cell phone before I sprinted out the door.  My big beautiful baby.  The love of my life! 

When I got to the station, Roger pointed out that I was missing an earring and my zipper was down!  It's going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment