Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Updates from the weekend

We packed up and headed south this past weekend and went to visit our good friends Denise and Jason in Kemah.  Well actually, they live on Taylor Lake (with the astronauts) but it's just a short boat ride to Kemah.  We had a great time!  The guys went boating on Saturday and the ladies (including Emrie) went to the pool.  She had a blast.  Her Uncle Robert and Aunt Katherine got her the neatest floaty complete with a sun visor for her birthday so she was cruisin' the pool in style.  Saturday night we cooked fajitas and enjoyed the rain.  And then Sunday we got up early and boated over to the Kemah Boardwalk.  Aiden and Josiah (Denise and Jason's son) had a blast riding all the big kid rides.  Emrie and I (who could both ride for free since she was under a year and a half old) took in all the kiddie rides.  She loved the airplane ride.  The first time we rode it she sat next to me in the back of the plane.  Yes, it was a tight fit.  The second, third and fourth times, she rode in the front and me in the back.  She was so busy turning the wheel and pushing buttons that I'm not sure she actually realized the plane was going up and down.  She also liked the faris wheel and I'm not talking about the kiddie faris wheel.  We rode that one too but she was not impressed.  She wanted to go on the great big one...so she did that twice.  She never did warm up to the carousel.  I tried putting her on a horse but the minute it started going up and down she had me in a choke hold so we ended up sitting on the bench and going around and around and around.   

A little background just for fun...
Denise and I have been friends since kindergarten.  We used to cruise the streets of Brenham and get into all kinds of trouble.  She is the closest thing I have to a sister and I simply adore her and her entire family!  I really wish we lived closer so we'd get to see each other more often. 

I almost forgot to mention that Saturday night (after the fajitas) we celebrated my birthday with the most wonderfully fattening coconut pecan cake.  It was the bomb!  I spent an extra 30 minutes at the gym yesterday for that sin but man it was gooooood! 

No comments:

Post a Comment