Sunday, August 26, 2012

Our visit to Grandma and PawPaw Eneks' House

We spent the weekend with Grandma and Pawpaw Eneks' house.  Emrie had a blast.  She loves the stairs at their house.  She climbs up and down and up and down and up and down.  The up part is not so bad because she actually crawls up.  It's the going down part that I don't like.  We tried to teach her how to scoot down on her butt BUT she insists upon holding onto the handrail and trying to walk down all by herself.  She's so independent!  She also loves swinging.  Pawpaw and Brian spent Saturday afternoon with her outside while Chris (grandma) and I went to get our nails done. 




We didn't have an appointment so she and I just took off down Louetta in search of the perfect nail salon.  The first one we stopped at couldn't get us in until 6 and it was only 3 - no way we could leave Emrie with Brian and Pawpaw for 3 extra hours unattended so we drove another block to the next nail salon, Le'Qui.  They worked us in in 20 minutes and it was AWESOME - we were scrubbed, rubbed, massaged, and painted - AWESOME right up until the point where my credit card got declined.  That's right declined.  So my relaxing delux mani/pedi all of a sudden became very stressful.  In fact, while Hyung was trying to put the finishing touches on my nails, I was on the phone with Brian having him look up our checking account online.  Turns out, when I requested a new debit card for Brian on Friday, they deactivated mine!  Well, better I find out at the nail salon with my mother-in-law than all by myself with a cart load of groceries at HEB.  It all ended well and our nails look fabulous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment