Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Mommy's Glasses...and GHOSTS!

Last night I was wearing my glasses around the house and Emrie kept trying to take them off of my face and put them on hers.  Brian was able to snap a quick picture before the magnifcation of my glasses blinded our sweet little baby! 

Speaking of last night or I should say early this morning...around 12:30am one of Emrie's toys started going off all by itself.  I was in bed and I heard voices singing the ABC's.  I got up and found one of Emrie's toys in the living room lights blinking and song singing!  It freaked me out a little but once the song finished the toy stopped and it was done.  So, I thought, well maybe Judy (the dog) bumped the toy and that's why it started playing...but Judy was sound asleep at the foot end of our bed.  Creepy! 

I checked on Emrie, who was also sound asleep, and went back to bed.  About 2 hours later the toy did it AGAIN!  This time Brian got up to see what was going on.  I was right behind him (yes I'm a chicken) as he stomped into the living room.  Same toy.  Same lights.  Same song.  I think he was a little surprised but simply reached down, turned off the toy and trudged back to the bedroom.  He said maybe it was just the batteries going bad.  Uh huh.  I've seen too many scary movies to buy into that rational. 

So, I waited up for another few minutes and the toy did its thing again!  And this time Emrie's rocking horse started rocking and the her little monkey toy started banging its cymbals too! 

Okay...okay...I'm kidding about that last part. Once Brian turned the toy off it never started up again but as I lay there in our bed trying to go back to sleep I'm pretty sure I heard the faint sound of cymbals clashing : )

No comments:

Post a Comment