Friday, August 10, 2012

Our ghost story part 2

So if you've been following my blog then you know all about Emrie's creepy little toy that keeps going off all by itself at night.  Well, this is chapter 2 of our ghost story...

Yesterday morning I was getting Emrie ready to go to day care when Brian comes into her room.  He's just kind of standing there watching me like he has something to say but doesn't know how.  You know this look ladies...the guilty look.  When he finally does speak our conversation goes something like this

Brian:  I don't want to freak you out but... (that's never good)
Brandie:  EYES WIDE
Brian:  but last night Emrie started crying
Brandie:  Uh huh...
Brian:  I could hear her on the monitor
Brandie:   Uh huh...
Brian:  I was about to get up and check on her when I heard someone say SHHHH
Brandie:  EYES EVEN WIDER
Brian:  I thought it was you til I looked over and you were tucked under the covers
Brandie:  Shocked into silence.  Eyes still wide
Brian:  Shrug
Brandie:  And you didn't think to get up and see who said "SHHHH"?
Brian:  She stopped crying so I figured it was okay.
Brandie:  (insert favortie cuss word here)

Brian thinks it's either his grandma or my grandma having a little fun with us.  I just think it's creepy.  I didn't sleep at all last night because every time Emrie so much as sighed I was anxiously waiting to hear a SHHH!


Doesn't seem to be bothering Emrie much.  This is a picture of her enjoying a morning graham cracker.  She looks happy and well rested and kind of sassy.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment