Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My poor, sick little baby!


Sleeping in Mommy's arm
I know its been a while since I blogged but I have a very good reason...my poor little Mootzie is sick!  Bless her heart, she had a great weekend (updates to follow) but Sunday night was the pits.  She cried all night long.  I took her to the doctor first thing Monday morning only to find out that she has an ear infection (both ears).  She's on antibiotics and Albuterol for the cough.  On Monday her fever got up to 104!  She ended up sleeping most of the day...in my arm because she didn't want to be put down.  Monday night was more of the same - up most of the night crying unless I was holding her.  Yesterday, she seemed to feeling a little better.  She was fever free and had moments when she actually played with some of her toys but for the most part she just wanted to be held.  Last night she actually slept a little better - two hour stints which is a huge improvement over no sleep at all.  I put her in bed with us and as long as she was in my arm she was okay.  Today, I had several meetings to attend so Brian stayed home with her.  I checked in earlier and he said she was having a really good day.  She played with her toys.  She walked around the house.  She drank her bottles and ate some food.  Praise God!  Alright...I admit it.  I'm a little jealous that Brian gets to spend the whole day with Emrie and she's feeling well.  I got the fever, the tears, the throwing up...but then again those are things only Mommy can make right so I guess it's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment