Thursday, May 17, 2012

Emrie's First Pair of Shoes!

Emrie has really started walking a lot.   Yesterday, when I picked her up from "big school," her teacher, Ms. Jennifer, said now that she's walking she can start going to the outside playground.  Another milestone!!  The only stipulation is that Emrie has to wear shoes and preferably not sandals.  So, Emrie and I went to Target for our very first shoe shopping adventure.  Another milestone!!!  Bless her heart, she has the chubbiest feet.  I had a hard time finding shoes to fit her little piggies.  And since sandals are not an option, the selections were minimal.  I ended up with a pair of hot pink moccasinlooking shoes from Target and then as much as I despise going to Wal-Mart, I stopped in and found a pair of baby tennis shoes too.  This morning we opted for the hot pink moccasins and her I Love Jesus rainbow dress.  To my surprise she didn't seem to mind wearing the shoes.  She did paw at the ground (like a horse) for a couple of seconds and then seemed okay with them. 
 In the morning she loves looking out the window and barking at the dogs.  Yes.  Bark.  Well, her version anyway.  This morning she was busy showing Judy and Emma her new shoes and baby hair brush which I also picked up at Target yesterday.  She's such a little ham. 
I brushed her hair for just a couple of seconds this morning and then gave her the brush.  She sat down and began brushing her hair.  It was so cute.  Brian immediately said "Look how smart she is!  She's brushing her hair."  To which Emrie replied by blowing a raspberry and shoving the brush in her mouth.  Yep.  She's brilliant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment