Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Day at the Pool - Anther update from the weekend

Me and bathing beauty
Emrie and Devin

We spent Sunday afternoon with our friends Robert, Katherine and Devin.  Last summer they put in a beautiful new pool.  I've been waiting for it to get warm enough to start enjoying.  Sunday was the day!  The pool has a very large sitting area at one end where the water is only about a foot deep.  It was perfect for Emrie.  While Aiden swam in the deep end most of the day, Emrie and I sat in the shallow spot and splashed the afternoon away.  Katherine did take her into the pool a couple of times.  Emrie loved it!  She kicked her little legs non-stop.  Katherine and I debated dunking her.  Now, before you get all bent out of shape - we didn't do it.  BUT Katherine is a pro with babies in the pool. She actually gave little baby swim lessons and when the mommies couldn't bear to dunk their little ones - Katherine did!  Looking back I'm so glad we didn't because by Monday morning Emrie's ears were bothering her but once she's all better I think I'm going to sign up for baby swim lessons.  As often as we're around water in the summer, I'd rather be safe than sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment