Thursday, May 3, 2012

Emrie has bronchitis...and I have bags under my eyes!


Exhibit A
 I took Emrie to the doctor on Tuesday.  The good news is she doesn't have an ear infection.  The bad news is that she has bronchitis.  Poor baby.  Yesterday, she was just not feeling well.  She hadn't had fever since early in the morning but I could tell she just wasn't herself.  She didn't want to eat.  She didn't want to be held.  She didn't want to play.  She just sat and cried.   When I tried to pick her up, she'd throw herself back.  She had to be exhausted because she hadn't slept through the night since Friday but I didn't know what to do for her and then it hit me.  When she was an itty bitty baby and would get really fussy, I'd sit outside with her.  Something about the warm air and the birds chirping and the leaves rustling always settled her down.  So I slipped on my tennis shoes and we went for a walk...a long walk...up and down every street in our neighborhood.  She was very content to ride in her stroller and take it all in.  Finally as I was headed back up the hill to our house she zonked out.  I didn't dare take her out of her stroller for fear of waking her so I pushed into the house and into the middle of the living room.  See exhibit A.  She slept like this for almost an hour.  

No comments:

Post a Comment