Thursday, May 24, 2012

Emrie's First Concert - More from the weekend

Saturday night was the kick-off of the Starlight Summer Concert Series with the Marshall Tucker Band.  I was slated to bring the band on stage and since the event had been tagged a family affair, I thought it would only be fitting to bring Emrie and Aiden up on stage with me.  It was, after all, Emrie's first concert ever.  I dressed her in hot pink plaid shorts and a matching t-shirt - so cute.  When we got to Wolf Pen the first thing she did was poop...EVERYWHERE!  I was going to change her diaper and clothes up on the hill where we were sitting but Brian didn't think that was appropriate so I grabbed all of our belongings and headed off to the bathroom only to find that there was no changing station.  What to do?  What to do?  Ah hah!  Emrie and I headed back stage and changed her diaper there - that has to be a first : )  I put on her little orange striped kitty cat dress and headed back up the hill to our spot.  Aiden was running around with some of his friends and Brian, Emrie and I were chillaxin' on the hill watching the opening band.  Everything was great until...Emrie threw up...all over her dress!  OH NO!!!  I only packed one extra change of clothes!  Note to self:  Always pack at least 3 from now on.  So, once again I stripped Emrie down and this time into her diaper.  That's right.  I had the little white trash baby sitting on her blanket in her diaper.  Well, there was no way I was going to take her up on stage like that so I found the Starlight group who kindly gave me one of the extra t-shirts...in a size medium.  Yes.  It was way too big.  Yes.  It looked like some kind of weird dress on her.  Yes.  I tied a knot in back with a rubber band to hold it on her.  What?  I think this was great improvising on my part.  As they say, the show must go on and so it did.  We snapped a picture with the band before going on stage.  Of course, Aiden made it for the picture and then mysteriously disappeared when it was time to get in front of everyone so Emrie and I (and the rest of the KORA group) went up on stage and introduced the Marshall Tucker Band.  It was cool and fun.  Like I told Marshall Tucker - Emrie has been a lifelong fan (a whole 10 months). 

No comments:

Post a Comment