Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

What a great Mother's Day!  It was a first for me so I have to admit I had high hopes and my sweet little family did not let me down!  Brian actually surprised me yesterday by planting knockout roses in our mailbox flower bed and a sago palm in one of my big flower pots on the patio.  He said they were early Mother's Day presents.  I was impressed.  I like the idea of plants instead of flowers because everytime I care for them, I'll remember my first Mother's Day. 

We officially started Mother's Day at about 2am.  Emrie had another bad night.  She can't seem to shake her cough so she was up at 2am and 4am and 6am.  At 6am we decided to just get up and start the day.  Brian made me a huge cup of coffee...mainly because all 12 of the normal size coffee cups were in his truck but it was a nice gesture.  So after I drank my gallon of coffee, we got ready for church.  Pastor Chris had a wonderful sermon dedicated to mothers.  I cried, of course.  After church we did a whole bunch of nothing.  Brian and Emrie surprised me with two more Mother's Day presents - a gift certificate for a mani/pedi and a chase lounge for the patio!  I was really surprised!  So, we just hung out in the backyard (see picture of Emrie chillin' on the patio) until my parents showed up around 4pm.  My brother, Brandon, came over a little after.  And, we celebrated Mother's Day on the patio with fajitas and ice cream.  Yes, I'm starting my diet tomorrow...AGAIN.

To my mom and my grandma and my mother-in-law and mothers everywhere - Happy Mother's Day.  May God bless you and your family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment