Monday, April 30, 2012

How we spent our 5 year wedding anniversary...

It was a crazy weekend...but we celebrated in classic Brandie and Brian style - ON THE GO!

Brian had given me the beautiful ring in the picture above as an Easter/Anniversary present a few weeks back.  It's ruby and diamond.  Ruby is Emrie's birthstone.  I was totally shocked!  Brian never buys jewelry without some prompting or at least very strong hints.  This time not only did he surprise me but he picked out this ring all by himself.  Correction - he said Emrie helped.  They did well.  I love it!

I got Brian a new windshield for his 1972 Chevy pickup - weird, huh?  Well, I wanted to get him something he wanted but wouldn't buy for himself.  He was pleasantly surprised.  He spent yesterday afternoon cleaning his truck and Windexing his new windshield.  

So back to our actual anniversary:  Brian and Aiden got back from the father/son campout around 10am just as I was headed out the door to work at KORA.  I had a remote from 12-2 at Ashley Furniture.  By the time I got home it was 3pm - time to get showered and changed and head to Brenham for a birthday party.  Gene Bothe was having an 80th birthday celebration at Silver Wings in Brenham.  I know some of you reading this probably had to go back and read that last line a couple of times to be sure you read it correctly.  You did.  For those of you who have no clue what's going on let me explain.  Gene Bothe is my ex-father-in-law.  He's a very nice man and I still have a good relationship with my ex-husband and his family.  So, Brian and I, Emrie and Aiden, Mom and Dad, my brother, Brandon, and about 500 other people went to the party.  We had a great time!  It was really the first chance Brian had to meet some of my Brenham friends and their families.  In fact, it was the first time in a long time that I had seen so many of them.  Brian did good, standing by my side as I introduced him to more than half the people in attendance.  Aiden made friends right away with some of the other kiddos there so we didn't see him again until it was time to head back home.  And Emrie, well, she stole the show.  She got passed around from person to person and when I wasn't showing her off either my Mom or Dad were toting her around like a little trophy.  She was in a great mood.  The band played good old fashioned country music so she danced with my parents and with Brian and I (that's right we danced) but most of all she enjoyed standing up front by the speakers.  I think she enjoyed the vibrations but in all honestly she loves music in general - loud music!  She passed out around 9:30 and we headed back to College Station around 9:45. 

I was sure Aiden was going to sleep on the way home but he was wide awake and chattering away.  Apparently right before we left he had drank a coke and ate a brownie and two cupcakes!  No wonder he was talking 90 to nothin'.  He was good company for the ride home because Brian fell asleep about 5 minutes into the drive.  He and Emrie took turns snoring.  We were all home and tucked into bed by 11pm.  It was a fun night and a reaffirmation that I married the right man. 

We're planning a weekend getaway for the two of us in May as a belated anniversary trip.

I love you Brian.  Here's to another 5 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment