Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Emrie's First Steps

Yesterday was a BIG DAY for Emrie!  She took her first steps!  It all started at about 6:30am.  My mom was at the house and in the living room with Emrie playing on the floor.  All of a sudden she stood up and took 3 big wobbly steps - it was pretty awesome.  I'm so glad I actually got to see it.  Just to be sure that it wasn't some kind of fluke Mom and I put her between us and sure enough she took 3 more steps from her to me!  Whoo Hoo!

Emrie spent the day at "big school."  When I picked her up around 5:15 her teacher, Ms Jennifer, couldn't wait to share the news with me that Emrie had taken 5 big steps all by herself!  Before we left daycare, we tried to get her to do it again but no dice. 

When Emrie and I got home I put her in her walker - something she didn't really enjoy until just a few days ago.  Now that she's figured out how to move forward she loves it.  She "chased" me around the island in the kitchen several times before pooping out.  It was so great.  I caught some of it on video - now, I just gotta figure out how download the video to my blog. 

I called Brian to give him news about Emrie last night.  He's in Pennsylvania for the week.  He was so excited but sad too because he didn't get to see it.  He won't be back in town til Friday.  At the rate she's going, she'll be running around the house by the time he gets home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment