Friday, October 14, 2011

The Best Night So Far

Emrie stayed with my parents yesterday in Brenham. My mom watches her on Monday and my dad gets Thursday and Friday. So, with Brian out of town I ended up staying the night in Brenham too. Wednesday night was the pits. Emrie wasn't feeling well so she was up ALL NIGHT which means I was up all night. I made the drive the B/CS early yesterday morning, doubled up on coffee and was okay until about 3pm. Boy, I was tired. I made it through work and hit the road back to Brenham at around 6pm. Thankfully, Emrie was feeling better and had an amazing day with her Mufasa - that's what we call my dad. She was talking away when I got there. My dad has been trying to teach her to say "I love you" which he swears he's heard her say : ) You gotta love grandparents.

I went through our nightly routine of nursing, bathing and putting Emrie to sleep and she passed out at 8:30pm. Now here's the GREAT part. She slept like a log until 2:30am. That's 6 whole hours! I was so refreshed (its amazing what a couple extra hours can do) that I didn't mind nursing her in the middle of the night. And you know that little Mootz fell right back to sleep. We were both snoozing again by 3am. Granted I had to be up extra early this morning (5am)because I had to report for work at 7am but still it was a great night!

My little Mootz is growing up so fast! Brian wont recognize her when he gets back.

No comments:

Post a Comment