Sunday, September 25, 2011

Surprise!





One of my best friends EVER turned 40 on Friday! Happy Birthday Denise! I would have said something sooner BUT her husband had a surprise party for her on Friday. I sure didn't want to be the spoiler...but it almost happened anyway. I left work early and drove to the Clear Lake area. The party was set for 7 at Perry's Steak House off Bay Area Blvd. I made it just ahead of traffic so I thought I'd do a little shopping. In fact, I wanted to get Denise a gift certificate to a really neat store she showed me when I visited her last time. It's called Glass Mermaids. So I stopped by the store to grab a gift certificate for her birthday. Well, while I'm there her husband, Jason, called me to check on my progress and see if I had made it into town. When I told him where I was he went into panic mode! WHY? Apparently, Denise was right next door getting her hair done! What are the odds? So I pulled my hair back in a pony tail put my sunglasses on and got out there. No way was I going to be the spoiler! I made it and even had time to do a little more shopping (across town) before the party.


Denise arrived at 7:30. Jason had told her he wanted to take her someplace nice and celebrate her birthday just the two of them - something they rarely got to do. Needless to say when she walked in and saw us standing there she was in total shock and started crying. So, of course, I cried too! What? It's the hormones! Okay, not really, I'm a cryer from way back. It was a wonderful party complete with a video Jason had put together with tons of pictures of Denise. There were just a handful of people there - about 20 so I was tickeled that I made the cut. Denise's sister, Debbie, and I sat together because neither of our hubbies could make it. I had a blast talking to her and reminscing about all the good times we had growing up in Brenham. We ended up making plans to go to a Cub football game sometime this season for old times sake.


At 10:30 I turned into a pumkin and had to head home. My parents were keeping Emrie for the night but I had to be at TAMU for a game day workshop at 8am the next morning and with the drive I probably wouldnt be back in Bryan until about 12:30am. On my way back, I got a call from Brian. His plane had landed at 9:45pm and his friend Robert had picked him up. Instead of going straight back they stopped off for dinner so he was waiting for me at 290 and Fry Road. It was great! We were able to ride home together!


No comments:

Post a Comment