Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Honky Tonk Kid



Brandon (my bro) and I went to see Aaron Watson at the Texas Hall of Fame Last night. He put on an amazing show as usual. Brandon and I went backstage before the show to talk with Aaron. It was priceless when he greeted me with "Hey Brandie! I haven't seen you in forever. What have you been up to?" I got to reply with "I had a baby!" I also threw in the fact that Mike Eli from the Eli Young Band actually sent me a CONGRATULATIONS text when I had Emrie...didn't hear a word from Aaron Watson. He just grinned, apologized and then told me a couple of stories about his baby girl. She's 21 months old.

Last night was the first time I've been on stage in almost a year (since I found out I was pregnant). I've toyed with the idea of leaving radio so that I can spend more time with Emrie but I have to admit the rush I got when I was up on stage pumping up the Ags before Aaron came on makes it a pretty tough decision. It's nights like last night that make being a DJ such a fun job.

No comments:

Post a Comment