Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Monday night...or should I say Tuesday morning adventure

Emrie exercising at 4am


My parents keep Emrie on Mondays-sometimes at our house in Bryan and other times at their's in Brenham. This past Monday was a Brenham day. So when I got off work I ran some errands, went to the grocery store, and picked up pizza for me and the fam for dinner. Mom and Dad arrived with "the package" (that's Emrie) around 7pm. We ate dinner and then Mom helped me give Emrie her bath and get her ready for bed. After my folks left Emrie and I settled into our nightly routine...feed the dogs, feed Emrie and go to bed.

All was well until about 2am. That's when Judy and/or Emma made a ruckus in the kitchen by tumping over the garbage can...my moneys on Judy. Anyway, I got up, put them outside, cleaned up the mess and went back to bed. That's when the barking started and continued on until I let "the Hounds from Hell" (that's what I affectionately call them) back into the house. My mistake. They clicked and clacked until Emrie woke up. I changed her and nursed her but she was wide awake by this point and wanted to play. So, I chased the dogs back outside one more time and played with Emrie for a little while. After about 15 minutes I put her in her exer-saucer,which she loves, and I decided to clean the house. That's right at 4am Emrie is playing and I'm cleaning. She played and I mopped, swept, vacuumed and dusted. We ended up back in bed at 5:30am which meant I had an hour before the dreaded alarm.

Needless to say Tuesday was the longest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment