Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Emrie Found Her Thumb!

Emrie has been working on self-soothing and this morning it finally happened. I had placed her on a pillow in our bedroom while I was in the bathroom putting my on makeup. She immediately started complaining...you know, not really crying just fussing. Anyway, I was running late and couldn't hold her and get ready at the same time so she continued to squawk. After just a couple of minutes - NOTHING. SILENCE. I thought this can't be good. What's she doing? So I poked my head around the corner and this is what I saw. My sweet little lamb with her thumb tucked inside her mouth. She was so content she was even smiling! She has refused a pacifier since birth and has been working diligently to get that evasive thumb securely in her mouth for months. Today was the day! YEH EMRIE! I love you big girl.

I know...I know...it's a hard habit to break. Heck - I should know. I sucked my thumb until I was 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment