Tuesday, August 23, 2011

What A Great Night!

Emrie was pretty cranky yesterday afternoon. Her normal cranky time starts at about 5pm and I'm never sure how long its going to last. I finally got her settled down and into her bath (which often settles her down) around 8pm. She finally passed out at 9:30...and I mean passed out. She was so sound asleep I had to keep checking to make sure she was still breathing. With Emrie knocked out Brian and I decided we better go to bed too because lately she's only been sleeping two hour stretches at night. My head hit the pillow and I was out. And you're not going to believe it but Emrie slept until 3am! Amazing! 5 and a half hours! I feel like a new woman. A little sleep goes a long way. She dozed back off right around 4am and slept til 6:30. Oh wow...if only she'd sleep like that every night.

Emrie's a noisy little sleeper as I'm told most babies are. She recently started slurping on her hands at night and I mean SLURPING. She normally doesnt take a pacifier at night so I guess her hands have become her substitute. Add to that the snorting (yes, she snorts) and the tooting (yes, she toots sometime so loud she wakes herself up) and the dogs licking and scratching (yes, they sleep in the bedroom with us) it makes for an extremely loud night for me and Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment