Monday, August 1, 2011

We're working on it.

Emrie is such a sweet baby...when she's sleeping. Just kidding. The first two weeks she rarely cried BUT ever since then she's become a little fussy head. Since I have a tendency to post the really sweet pictures I thought it only right to post one with her crybaby face. Poor baby girl has gas. She's 100% breastfed so I've cut out any and all foods that I can think of that may upset her stomach but so far nothings helping. If you can think of anything that may sooth her I'm totally open to suggestions!
We recently tried to get Emrie to take a pacifier. The picture below is one of the extremely rare occasions that I got her to take it without pitching a fit. Poor thing - that pacifier is almost as big as her head! We're still working on it but it's getting better every day.

2 comments:

  1. My son was the same way. Here's a list of the things I ate that would give him gas:

    Anything dairy
    Chocolate
    Ginger
    Peanut Butter
    Caffeine

    I took calcium supplements & vitamins once I cut out all things dairy. Once we figured out most of the things that gave him gas, we did really well. The good news is that he made the switch to whole milk at a year old and had NO problems. Now he's 17 and the only problem he has with food is that there never seems to be enough to fill him up!

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and welcome back to the airwaves! She is a doll. I didn't breastfeed either of my boys, but they did get gas very badly. Try Mylacon drops. They seemed to work wonders on my boys.

    ReplyDelete