Sunday, August 7, 2011

Emrie's Not So Happy Face



Last week we saw a lot of this face. Emrie was not happy. If she wasn't nursing she was crying. And eventually, she'd nurse and cry. I didn't know what to do for her. Even Brian, my rock, was starting to get frustrated. He was upset because when he'd get off work and want to hold Emrie and love on her...all she wanted to do was cry. I tried to explain to him that she didn't save it up for him - she cried all the time. Then Thursday evening my Aunt Irene called me. While we were talking she heard Emrie crying in the background. She said Emrie sounded like she was hurting. I had tried the gas drops and gripe water neither seemed to work so I called the doctor. Luckily, Dr. Ransom was able to see her right away. After explaing everthing to him and a thorough examination of Emrie, it was determined my poor baby has acid reflux. While I was really sad that something was wrong I was also relieved. Acid reflux is treatable, she'll probably grow out of it before long and the meds seem to be helping. Say a little prayer for Emrie please.

No comments:

Post a Comment