Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's a girl!

It finally happened! Brian and I are expecting our very first little baby. She's due July 8. That seems so far away but since it took us 3 long years to get here I think I can wait just a little longer.

After several failed IUI's, a miscarriage, a failed IVF cycle, and LOTS of money we had pretty much given up our the dream of having a child of our own. And that's when it happened. Our prayers were answered.

I know there are so many couples out there struggling with unexplained infertility just like we did. Let's be honest - it sucks! I think the worst thing is the whole "unexplained" part. There's no good reason why it shouldn't work...it just doesn't. That's why I want to share our story. It is truly a miracle.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

More on our story tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is so exciting when you bring that little one into the world. My husband and I had our second child in September, and that was after a miscarriage and a year of trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the most recent addition to your family! Thanks for sharing. I think stories like ours can inspire other couples!

    ReplyDelete