Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Baby Blog

In October of 2009 Brian and I decided it was time to take our baby journey to the next step - IVF. It was a huge financial commitment not to mention all the shot and medications it required. I started my injections while I was at conference in Lubbock. I remember my poor roommate, Lori, almost passing out when she saw the size of the needle. I was scheduled to take one injection in the morning and one injection in the evening. By my second injection, I felt terrible. I was sure I had the flu but by the morning I felt fine again. So, on day two I took my next injection and again by the evening I was running a temperature and feeling pretty miserable. When the same thing happened day three - I called my doctor and he instructed me to fly back home. Turns out I was allergic to the meds! We ended up having to cancel that IVF cycle and try again.

Anyone who knows me knows that I have very little patience. I'm constantly on the go and this set back, although only a couple of months, seemed like FOREVER!

During this time I just kept reminding myself that God has a plan. It was killing me that I couldn't figure out what that was ; ) but I took comfort in knowing that God was in control.

More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment