Tuesday, February 22, 2011

November 2, 2010 What a Day!

My two week wait crawled by...slow day after slow day. Then finally it was here! It was time to take the blood test to see if I was pregnant! This time I didn't cheat - no home pregnancy test despite Brian's non-stop encouragement. He had "a feeling" remember? That's what he kept saying anyway.

I was at the lab before 7am ready to go. By this time the lab tech knew my name and half my life story because I had been in so much in the last couple of months. She was so sweet and said a quick prayer with me for a positive result before I left. Then more waiting...and waiting...and waiting. My cell phone finally rang just after 2pm. It was Dr. Allon and it was a terrible connection. He said he'd call me right back so I grabbed my purse and walked (ran) outside ready to make a run for it if it was bad news. The minute it took for him to call back seemed even longer than the two week wait. And then the phone rang...

"Congratulations sweetheart! You're pregnant!"

Those were the most beautiful words I'd ever heard. God Bless Dr. Allon - he waited patiently while I cried tears of joy. When I was finally able to compose myself he and I talked a little longer (Well, he talked. I sniffled) about what to do next and when I'd have my next appointment. He was so kind and honestly, I think he was almost as excited as I was. I really thought it was cool that he took the time to call and tell me the news himself. Once the conversation was over I hung up the phone and sat down on the curb and cried some more.

I called Brian to share the news...I was still crying and had a little trouble getting the words out so he immediately assumed it was bad news. By the time I was able to squeak out that we were going to have a baby I'm pretty sure he was crying too - although he'll never admit to it. He just kept saying "I told you I had a feeling." Next I called my mom and dad and cried with them too and then my in-laws and some of our closest friends. Yep. I cried each time!

I know all the crying seems extreme and kind of crazy but I had been saving up those tears of joy for a very long time...there was a bunch of em. Buckets!

And so...we're going to have a baby! Thank you God! "We prayed for this child and the Lord has granted us what we asked of Him." I Samual 1:27

Thank you Dr. Allon and the Advanced Fertility Center of Houston for your positive attitude, guidance and reassurance throughout the process. You are truly a blessing to us.

Thank you family and friends for your support through the ups and downs. Your love and understanding has been amazing! We love you all!

More baby updates to come...I have pictures : )

Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment