Friday, February 4, 2011

Back to the Baby Blog

In December of 2009 we tried IVF again with all new medication at a much higher dosage and a different regimine. This time NO ALLERGIC REACTION!

My doctor in Temple was able to retrieve 9 eggs - 8 of which were actually usable. 6 of them fertilized but only 2 made it all the way to maturation. On day 5 after the retrieval both were transferred into me. We were hopeful that at least 1 of them would implant. And so it began...the dreaded 14 day wait. On day 14 I was to take a blood test to verify whether or not I was pregnant but I couldn't wait that long. So, I tried a home pregnancy test on day 10 - Big Fat Negative! I called my doctor who assured me that there was still a chance that I could be pregnant I just need to wait a few more days and the blood test would let me know for sure. On day 14 I showed up super early at the lab, gave my blood and then waited...this had to be the longest wait yet. A little after noon I received an email from the doctor with the dreaded news that I was not pregnant. I had tried to prepare myself for the news (especially since I had already gotten a negative on the home pregnancy test) but I was still devastated.

I went back to Temple for a de-brief meeting a couple of weeks later. My doctor was a very kind man and went through the process with me step-by-step. He handed me tissues when I cried and even hugged me when I left but my options were limited. Basically, I was told they'd try to up my meds a little more and try the IVF again but there was no guarantee - there never is with this kind of stuff. And unfortunately, we just couldn't afford to do it again. In one year between the IUI's and IVF we had spent almost $20,000.

So we mourned - which I know for some is hard to believe since I was never actually pregnant but we did. After a month or so, I started searching the net for fertility solutions and stumbled across a website for all natural herbal remedies by Radiant Wonder.

More on this tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment