Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Baby Blog Continues...

I called Radiant Wonder and set up a phone consultation - they're in California. Prior to my phone consult, they emailed me an extensive questionaire. 12 pages to be exact! It asked all kinds of questions like:

What does your tongue look like when you get up in the morning?
Do you get warm when you sleep at night?
What do your fingernails look like?
How often do you get headaches?
And on and on and on...

After reviewing my answers, my consultant called me. We talked for more than hour. She explained that years ago when most people grew their own food our bodies received all the nutrients it needed to keep us healthy and in sinc; however, all the processed foods of today combined with our crazy, non-stop lifestyles made it impossible for our bodies to keep up. These herbs would allow us to re-balance our mind and body. She made several recommendations and I placed an order. It wasn't crazy expensive...about the cost of any herbal supplement. I ended up getting a bottle of Stress Relief, Calm Energy and Super Fertility 2. I admit I was skeptical as to whether or not these herbs would actually make me feel any different but guess what - THEY DID! And the change was almost immediate. After taking my herbs for a couple of days I was sleeping better and had way more energy. After a week or so, I was feeling great! So for almost a year, I continued my regimine of Radiant Wonder supplements. Granted I still hadn't acheived my ultimate goal of pregnancy but I was definitely feeling better.

It was also during this past year that Brian and I found our new church home - Parkway Baptist Church. We had been visiting other churches but it wasn't until Parkway that Brian and I felt truly connected. It restored us! It's pastor and congregation have been a Godsend.

In August of 2010, we decided to look into adoption which I didn't realize was so expensive. With so many children out there needing a home, I couldn't believe some agencies charged up to $30,000! So, we scheduled our first appointment with a pregnancy outreach center in Houston (that didn't charge $30,000). At the meeting we learned about the outreach program, the mothers that come through the center and the adoption process in general. It was a lot to take in but we decided that we'd take the next step and fill out the beginning paperwork.

That very same week at the radio station something amazing happened that took our lives in a whole different direction.

More tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment