Friday, February 18, 2011

It's Show Time!


On October 18, I received a call from Dr. Allon telling me it was time! Everything was set for an October 19 embryo transfer! We made our preparations and headed to the Advanced Fertility Center of Texas in Houston bright and early that morning. Once I was checked in, I received an acupuncture treatment and then met with Dr. Allon. He informed us that we had 5 good looking embryos and he planned to use 3 for the transfer - giving us 2 to store and use at another time. I've included a picture of Brian getting ready to play doctor.
The procedure was quick and painless. My little embryos were all nice and cozy inside of me. I think the worst part was having to lay still with a full bladder for an entire hour following the procedure. Torture!

After my "recovery" period and the chance to empty my bladder, I had another round of acupuncture before we left. I received strict instructions to stay off my feet and preferably on my back for the next 48-72 hours. Oh, and NO STAIRS. I was allowed to get up to use the bathroom and shower - that was pretty much it. So, for the next three days I stayed with my in-laws in Houston. They were great! It was great! I can't remember when I've had a chance to just chill out like that. I read and watched movies and did a whole bunch of nothin'. It was truly awesome. But alas, all good things much come to an end. My three day vacation was up and had to go back home and back to work.

The good news...those three days marked the beginning of my two week wait. The bad news...only three days down, 11 more to go.

Don't worry. I'll only make you wait a day or two to find out what happened next.

No comments:

Post a Comment