Thursday, June 14, 2012

New Hair

I got new hair!  Yes it's a little darker than I'm used to but it was either go dark or go bald...that's right bald!

About 3 months ago I got a really bad highlight job.  I mean REALLY BAD!  When the guy pulled out my foils, he pulled out a lot of my hair with them.  It broke my heart because I had been growing out my locks since I first found out I was pregnant with Emrie.  So, I've been conditioning, conditioning, conditioning to keep more of it from breaking off.  For you ladies who regularly highlight your hair, you know what I'm talking about.  Some of the hair in my bang area and crown of my head are about an inch long : (

My dark roots were really starting to show so I went to my NEW lady at a NEW salon who really took the time to examine my hair.  Her goal (and mine) is to get it healthy again.  So when I mentioned trying just a few (6) foils across the top to cover my roots she said she would if I insisted BUT she was truly concerned that my hair would pull out with the foils again.  I decided against that idea and opted for a light brown toner instead.  The end result...light brownish, red hair.  I like the color and BEST PART - it's all still there on top of my head where it belongs!

No comments:

Post a Comment