Sunday, June 3, 2012

I love you, Grandma. You will be missed.

My Grandma Mueller passed away this afternoon.  She was a wonderful grandma.  She lived right next door to us for most of my life.  She was very much like a second mom to me and Brandon. She loved animals, polka music and baking! She was by far the best cook ever!  Nobody could make kolaches or apple pie like my Grandma.  I think she's the reason I love to cook...and eat. 

This past week, something was telling me that I needed to go visit her.  At the time, I had no idea why but Thursday I took half a day off from work, picked up Emrie from daycare and made the drive to Brenham.  We spent several hours just hanging out with Grandma.  She loved playing with Emrie and Emrie got real tickled every time Grandma grabbed at her little toes - they'd both laugh.  It was a good visit.  Over the last several years Grandma would have good days and bad days.  Thursday was a good day.  I know now that it was God telling me to visit her and God who made sure that last visit was a good one. 

I talked to my mom just a few minutes ago.  She was with Grandma when she died.  She said she passed away very peacefully.  We agreed that she is in a much better place - a place without pain, a place where she can walk and dance to polka music and a place where she can bake again.  I truly believe that.  I have faith in all that God's promises.  So, while I mourn, I also rejoice.

I love you, Grandma.  I will miss you until we meet again in Heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment