Wednesday, April 13, 2011

We have a nursery!!!




Early last year I decided to take a really dull, boring room in our house (picture 1) and make into a bright, beautiful room (picture 2). I loved the "yellow room" as Brian called it. He wasn't really a fan of the bright color but was willing to live with it since he didn't have to sleep in it. When we found out we were expecting, I decided to make the "yellow room" into a nursery. Brian insisted that I repaint the bright yellow walls a softer yellow color. He claimed the yellow was so bright that the baby would be able to see it through her eyelids! Blahahaha!




Well, I haven't repainted yet...and maybe I will maybe I wont. I apologize the colors a little off in pictures 3 and 4 because I took those with my cell phone. Rest assured its still Rubber Ducky Yellow. That was the name on the paint can : ) It's a cheerful little nursery. Big hugs to my in-laws for getting the baby bed for us! Way to go grandma and pawpaw. The bed is perfect! As you can see in picture 4 Judy, our dog who totally thinks she's a human, is checking out the baby bed. I'm pretty sure she thinks it's for her.


As a side note I love the antique dresser. I painted it turquoise. Now I'm trying to find some hot pink flowers or butterfly drawer pulls. Any suggestions? The rocking chair is the rocking chair Brian's grandparents gave his mom when he was born. Go ahead and say it AWWWWW!


Let's see something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. All done! And you thought that was only for weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment