Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Still trying to play catch up...

So where did I leave off?  Oh yes, Thanksgiving!  We ran the turkey trot and then spent the day with my family in Brenham.  And, despite starting my morning with a 3 mile run, my urge to be healthy stopped when I pulled my chair up to the table.  Our Thanksgiving feast was a unique one to say the least.  My brother, Brandon, was protesting turkey.  He said he ate so much last year that he just couldn't do it again so he baked a roast.  It was pretty amazing.  My dad, ever the traditionalist, opted to bake some turkey wings and dressing.  My mom was in charge of the all the sides and then I did appetizers and desserts.  Oh and Brian thought it would be a good idea to make some chili...so, I of course picked up some tamales!  Like I said, it was a unique feast at our house.  We all ate way too much, took a much deserved nap and then watched football! 

Then it was on to Black Friday Shopping...which actually started on Thursday.  And while I don't necessarily approve of it starting on Thanksgiving night, I was totally in line at some of my favorite stores ready to SHOP!!!

I started at Bealls at 8pm, Target at 9pm, Toys R Us at 10, and then wrapped it up at Macy's at Midnight!  Say what you want to about the crazy crowds...I got some great deals and almost completely finished my Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment