Monday, December 17, 2012

Recap from the weekend - Sunday

Early Sunday morning the much anticipated rain came barrelling through College Station.  There's something about a thunderstorm that make sleep so much better.  It definitely has a positive effect on my little family.  It was the first morning in forever that everyone slept late and I mean like 10am late.  I felt a little guilty about missing church but I think God understands. 

Once everyone was up, I decided it would be a good day to grab a picture with Santa.  It took some bribery to convince Aiden that he had to do it too so that Emrie would do it, so after a promise of McDonald's off to the mall we went.  We stood in line for about 30 minutes which really wasn't too bad.  It gave Emrie a chance to see the other kids sit on Santa's lap and warm up to the idea.  Everytime the elves would open the gate, Emrie would take off running for Santa and we'd have to pull her back and tell her to wait her turn. 

Finally, it was our turn!  The gate open and Aiden took his spot right next to Santa.  Emrie shot through the gate as normal, got all the way up to Santa when she turned around and started running back to me.  I picked her up and walked over to Santa.  That's when she put the death grip on my neck and started balling.  She was having none of the chubby guy in the red suit...rosey cheeks or not.  So, no picture with Santa this year : (

I did manage to drop her over the railing behind Santa's workshop and snap this picture before the not so nice elves chased us off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment