Monday, July 2, 2012

Emrie is 1!!!


Emrie Kay is 1-year-old!  Whoo Hoo!

Brian and I started yesterday morning at 4am.  That's when Emrie decided it was time to get up.  I guess she wanted to start the birthday celebration early....really, really early.  So, Brian and I sat in the middle of the living room floor playing with Emrie and reminiscing about the day she was born.


Emrie was born at 8:20pm after a very long labor and eventually a C-Section.  By the time we decided to give up on natural child birth and opt for the c-section I was exhausted.  In fact, the medication had me feeling pretty out of it.  Brian was talking to me the whole time trying to calm me down but I was having trouble breathing and swallowing - I honestly thought I going to die.  When the doctors delivered Emrie, Brian brought over to me so that I could see her.  I only got to catch a quick glimpse and then I was out but I totally remember my wide-eyed and wiggly baby! 

Brian got to carry her into the nursery so that our family could see her.  They took tons of pictures.  Pictures of the nurses cleaning her up.  Pictures of Emrie trying to pull the heart monitor off her chest.  Pictures of everything! 

I finally got to hold her the next morning.  It was an amazing experience.  I had always heard about how magical that moment would be and it truly was.  Emrie simply took my breath away.  That's right, I cried.  Like a baby!  It was awesome!

We celebrated Emrie's first birthday with a baby dedication at our Church, Parkway Baptist, lunch at BJ's and then cake at our house after all the festivities.  My parents and Brian parents joined us.  As you can tell from the pictures, the cake was a big hit with Emrie!  


No comments:

Post a Comment