Sunday, July 22, 2012

Vacation update. Part I

I really, truly meant to update my blog while I was on vacation but then I thought...I'm on vacation!  Now it's time to play catch up on all the things we did last week.

Let me start by saying, if you're planning to relax on vacation, do not take a 1-yr-old along!  I love Emrie but now that she's walking and running she can be pretty hard to keep up with. 

Our vacation started last Sunday.  We dropped Emrie and Aiden at my parent's house in Brenham and then Brian and I headed to Austin.  We got lost twice trying to find the Woodhouse Day Spa but since we were on vacation we didn't care.  We made it in time for our massages and that's all that really mattered.  Typically, we visit the Woodhouse Day Spa in San Antonio for our anniversary but since we didn't get the chance to make our annual trip we decided to try out the spa in Austin.  It was great by the way.  We both came out of there feeling so relaxed.  It truly was a great way to start the trip.  By the time we were finished it was mid-afternoon so we checked into our hotel and then scouted out some places to have dinner.  We were staying in the Aboretum area so there was lots to choose from.

We made a stop at Barnes and Nobles for some reading material for our relaxing vacation.  Brian got a book about the great lead guitarist of our times and I found two sci-fi books in the teenager section.  Hey!  I was on vacation.  I didn't want anything too difficult to read!  While we were there it started raining and I mean R-A-I-N-I-N-G.  So much so that we decided to keep shopping until the rain let up.  It didn't.  After about an hour we were starving and had no choice but to venture out.  We ran next door (and I mean ran because the umbrella was in the car) to the Cheesecake Factory!   Brian had never been there...crazy, right.  So, we treated ourselves to appetizers, entrees and desserts!  What?  We were on vacation!

By the time we got back to the hotel it was late and the power was out because it was still raining.  There were lights in the hotel lobby but they'd flicker on and off in our room and the cable kept going out.  So, we retired for the evening before 10pm.  I'm not complaining.  It was really nice to get a night of uninterrupted sleep and the rain made some nice background noise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment