Friday, July 13, 2012

Friggatriskaidekaphobia

I have no idea how to pronounce it.

The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia.  I kid you not.  That is a word.  I Googled it so it must be true.  In my research I found that no one is quite sure as where the Friday the 13th superstition got its origin; however, this day continues to scare the life out of people. One theory suggests that it combines two older superstitions - Friday, an unlucky day and 13, an unlucky number.  Put the two together and watch out!  I've never really bought into that whole superstition but I did enjoy the Friday the 13th movies...when I was 12. 

I started my Friday the 13th on a positive note.  In fact, when I was on my way to work I saw this rainbow!  Take that Friday the 13th.  It's going to be a GREAT DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment