Friday, November 25, 2011

Emrie's First Turkey Trot

Turkey Trot 2011. It was a first for Emrie and a first for us as a family BUT we had so much fun I think we're going to make it a tradition. Our friends, Robert & Katherine Patterson and their daughter Devin, decided they were going to do a 5k run Thanksgiving morning called the Turkey Trot. I have no idea how she did it but Katherine talked me into doing it too. So, me, Emrie, Aiden and Brian all got up early yesterday morning and "trotted." Brian and Aiden did the 5k and Emrie and I did the family friendly mile walk. It was really fun although I think Aiden was disappointed there were no real turkeys trotting with us. I was so proud of him for doing the whole 5k that I think I'm going to try it next time. So, after I'm finished eating all the leftover turkey and pie I'm going to start training for the Armadillo Dash in March. Emrie was in a great mood as you can see from the picture. I think she's going to do the Armadillo Dash too!

No comments:

Post a Comment