Wednesday, June 8, 2011

You have to say it like Gomer Pyle...

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!

My former boss, Laura, from Texas A&M University is also very pregnant. Her due date is 3 days after mine BUT she's actually being induced July 6 which is 2 days before I'm due...that's not going to work. I have to be first! I'm predicting little Emrie will be here June 23. That's a Thursday. I just like that date : )

Dr. Allon, the doctor responsible for our little baby girl, is dropping by the radio station that very afternoon to record a commercial. I told him he needs to be there early because I'm planning to have the baby that day. He just laughed. Apparently, he does not believe in a mother-to-be's power of suggestion. Come on Emrie...JUNE 23rd!

Oh, back to the surprise! Make that surprise squared! Like I was saying my former boss, Laura, is also pregnant so the peeps at Texas A&M sent me an invitation to her baby shower and her one to mine. We both showed up expecting to celebrate the other's bundle of joy...and SURPRISE! It was for both of us! It was so much fun! Emrie got lots of cute clothes and the sleep sheep (which Judy hates) plus other baby necessities. A BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE!

So far I had been pretty good about not crying BUT this one really got to me. My group from the Aggieland Prospective Student Center has been with me from the very start - all the way back to when we first started trying to get pregnant years ago. Time after time when the IUI's and the IVF failed they were there for me. Amazing people. And I'm not just talking about the ladies - the guys were there too. They cried with me and comforted me AND they prayed with me and encouraged me. Like I said AMAZING PEOPLE. So, when they SURPISED me by giving Emrie the travel system we had selected I lost it. That's right. I cried like a baby. I could feel the tears coming on when I was reading the card and then I opened the box and just couldnt hold em in any longer. And, it wasn't the present that pushed me over the edge...it was the kindness, joy, and love that overflowed from the room. This group watches over me like a herd of gaurdian angels and they were all there doing their thing AGAIN.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are truly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment