Saturday, June 4, 2011

We are truly blessed!

35 weeks and counting...hard to believe our little miracle is almost here!

A little over a year ago Brian and I visited Parkway Baptist Church. We were in search of a church home and a friend had recommended Parkway because her son was attending the WEE School there. So we gave it a try and we loved it! There were actually some couples there I knew from Brenham and familiar faces from Texas A&M as well as some people Brian knew from his work and Blinn College - it felt like home right away. Now, more than a year later we've added more wonderful friends at a church that we love and have a miracle of our own on the way.

11 months ago during our Sunday school class I made the announcement that Brian and I were going to try to get pregnant one more time by process of IVF. We had originally decided that we were not going to tell anyone especially since the last time had ended in heartbreak but something just felt right that morning. So I added our names to the prayer list. The prayers, love and support we received was amazing. I think everyone in our class was holding their breath right along with us waiting for the results...and good or bad I'd knew they'd be there for us. WE ARE TRULY BLESSED.

I share this because the ladies in our Sunday school class blessed us again this past Thursday by hosting a baby shower for Emrie. It was so much fun! We played games, ate cake and of course there were lots of presents. I did my best not to cry at the overwhelming generosity but I admit I choked up a little. Thank you Sarah for speaking up with "God is so good" before I totally started bawling. Thank you God for guiding us to Parkway Baptist and our church family.

No comments:

Post a Comment