Friday, June 17, 2011

Vacation Bible School



This past Sunday through last night Aiden and I spent every evening at Parkway Baptist Church's Vacation Bible School "Hometown Nazareth Where Jesus Was Kid." Aiden was there as a participant and I was there as one of the tribe leaders for the Tribe of Joseph. We had so much fun! Each night our groups went to an outdoor activity, a Bible story and the local market. We also took up a collection each night for an orphanage. As an added incentive - if the boys had more money at the end of the week Celina, the director of our Wee School, got a pie in the face. If the girls collected more money at the end of the week then Pastor Chris had the pleasure of a pie in the face. The boys won : (


This was Aiden's first time to do VBS. Brian and I were so amazed at how much he learned in just a few days. He was quoting Bible verses, sharing stories from the Bible and even learned how to make toys like Jesus would have played with as a child. Of course, when we asked him what his favorite part was he said the SNOW CONES! I can't lie. I liked that part too. What? It's not me! It's the baby!


Brian had to work last night so big hugs to Grandma and Mufasa (my parents) for going to family night at VBS with Aiden.

No comments:

Post a Comment