Monday, May 23, 2011

SWIM DAY!!!

Yesterday I woke up feeling kind of yucky. Saturday had been pretty exhausting...my feet were swollen, my tummy ached and I was flat out tired. Brian had to work so it was just me and Aiden for the day. He woke up shortly after I did and in his typical sleepy, morning voice he asked "What are we going to do fun today?" To which I responded with a cranky, "I don't know. I'm not feeling well so it may be just the two of us hanging out at the house." That's when he said "What about church? We have to go to church." God bless this little 8 year old. He was right we did need to go to church...so we did and I'm so glad. The late service was the children's musical which featured several of Aiden's friends. He was so excited to see them singing and dancing - not excited enough to sing and dance with them but excited none the less.

After church I was still tired but feeling much better. We had a quick lunch and then it was back up to church for a Vacation Bible School Meeting and then off to the radio station for a few hours. Aiden went with me everywhere without a single complaint. So, as his reward, we spent a couple of hours at the pool that evening. We played games and splashed around for a while before he decided he wanted to practice floating on his back. So we practiced. He floated and I pushed him around the pool. Next it was my turn!!! Aiden was insistent that I give it a try. FYI - floating on your back without part of you sinking at 7+ months pregnant is not easy but I tried and with some help from Aiden I made it all the way across the pool.

The pool is shallow on both ends and deeper in the middle. In the picture above Aiden could barely touch the bottom but he kept on going. All you can see is my tummy sticking out of the water and his little goggles peaking over the top of it. He just makes me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment