Friday, March 11, 2011

She's a Mover and Shaker!




Our baby's a mover and shaker...just add ice water : )

I'd been worried because I'm right at 23 weeks now and still hadn't been able to feel the baby. My doctor said its because I have an anterior placenta which means the placenta sits on top of the baby acting as a pillow which makes it difficult to feel her. I'd seen her move on the ultra sound but never felt her.

That is until last night. I was going to grab a bottle of water from the frig before I went to bed only to find we didn't have any. My hero, Brian, told me he had just bought some and put it in the freezer so it would get cold quickly. Well, it wasn't just cold. It was FROZEN! I set it on the cabinet to thaw for a few minutes while I did my nightly ritual of greasing up my tummy (don't want any stretch marks). All ready for bed I downed the really chilly bottle of water and climbed under the covers. And, that's when it happened. I felt her! She was just kicking away. I guess the ice water woke her up and she was giving me a few bumps to let me know she didn't appreciate it. Don't worry, I promised Brian I wouldn't drink ice water just so I could feel her...well, not too often anyway : )


No comments:

Post a Comment