Tuesday, February 19, 2013

She made potty! And I have pictures!

On Sunday, Emrie used the potty...TWICE!  Yes.  It was a big day at our house.  First of all she proclaimed "Potty!  Potty!"  So I placed her on her baby potty which was actually mine when I potty trained 39 plus years ago.  She pitched a fit.  She wanted to be on the big girl potty.  So we made the switch and there she sat...for 20 minutes.  I tried to stay vigilant by her side but she would give me a stern "out."  Go figure.  So I checked in every minute. 

Emrie, are you through?

No.

Emrie, did you go potty?

Yes. 

Are you through?

No. 

After about 10 minutes of this, she asked for a book.  A BOOK?!  So I grabbed one of her baby books, a baby magazine and a John Grisham book.  To my surprise, she opted for Grisham although there were no pictures.  Okay - she didn't actually read it but she did make a big show of opening and closing it. 

Finally, just after the 20 minute mark she shouted "THROUGH!"  I checked and sure enough she had made poo poo in the potty!  We clapped and made a big deal over her accomplishment.  She was very excited and repeated the same 20 minute process again that evening.  This time she and I sang a little song from church called "Oh, Happy Day."  I'm not sure the songwriter intended it to be a potty training song but Emrie sang along...OH HAPPY DAY!  And, it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment