Thursday, February 14, 2013

Here's the latest...in case you haven't heard

It's true!  I'm having a baby!  What are the odds?  Well, according to my doctor, they were zero to none but I guess God had other plans.  I think back to how hard we worked and tried and prayed for sweet Emrie - it was three years of insanity.  Shots.  Tests.  Shots.  Pills.  Shots.  Acupuncture.  Shots.  Tests.  Then finally, it happened! 

This time the process was much simpler.  A couple days before Christmas I was wrapping presents and exclaiming that I was not doing all of the crazy shopping and wrapping the next year.  That's when Brian made his diagnosis.  "You're Pregnant" he said.  What?  Why would he even say that?  His reasoning..."You're being really mean.  You're pregnant."  So now apparently, I'm a mean pregnant woman.  Anyway, I disregarded his statement until New Years Eve.  I had been dragging and just not feeling like myself for about a week so while we were in Colorado he convinced me to take a test before I tried skiing.  I took one first thing in the morning and it said "error."  Well, that was enough for me but Brian insisted I take another one...so I did...this one was POSITIVE! 

I'm 12 weeks this week and feeling every bit of it.  I remember being sick with Emrie but I don't remember it being this bad.  This is bad.  I feel like I'm going to throw up ALL THE TIME.  They say it's supposed to get better after the 1st trimester.  I'm sure hoping that's true.  I'm pretty sure I threw up (although not as much) all the way through the nine months with Emrie. 

My next appointment is March 1st.  I promise I'll have some pictures for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment