Monday, September 17, 2012

Fabulous Friday Night

My parents kept Emrie Friday night so Brian and I had an evening to ourselves.  What to do?  What to do?  We tossed around a lot of ideas...a movie at the theater, dancing, dinner...all three?  We finally agreed on a laid back evening complete with delux pedicures (yes, Brian too), a rental - The Lucky One, light sale shopping at Old Navy for Emrie and Aiden and then take out from Freebirds. Brian actually LOVED the pedi.  I liked the movie.  It was a total chick flick.  I think Brian liked it too but he'd probably never admit it.  Hey!  He had just conceded to a pedicure.  His manliness can only be pushed so far.  The burritos were outstanding as usual.  All in all, it was a fun night until he stepped on my foot when we got home and chipped one of my freshly painted toenails!  Oh well...you can't have it all. 

We watched a couple other movies over the weekend.  In case you're thinking about renting these, here's Brandie's movie review. 

The Lucky One - I suckered Brian into this one by telling him it was about a Marine which it was but it was also a dramatic love story.  I had read the book so I knew the storyline.  I give it 4 out of 5 stars. 

What to Expect When You're Expecting - The movie is about just that...and several women all going through the trials of pregnancy at the same time.  This one was pretty funny although having suffered through IUI's and IVF's some of it dredged up old infertile memories for me.  Brian laughed throughout most of it.  I did too but intermittently there were some tears.  I'm giving this one 4 out of 5 too. 

Man on a Ledge - Now this one we both really liked.  It's about a cop who has been falsely accused of stealing a diamond.  And he basically goes out on a ledge to prove he's innocent.  I give this one 5 out of 5.   

No comments:

Post a Comment