Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SHE'S HERE!

Emrie Kay is finally here! I meant to blog about this much earlier but this mommy stuff is harder than I thought.

Brian and I checked into St. Jo's at 3pm on Thursday for a planned induction. Well, by 5pm Friday I had finally dialated enough to get the show on the road and start pushing. So push I did...for more than 2 hours and nothing happened. She didn't budge an inch! The doctor explained that I had two options...1) I could continue to push and MAYBE (just maybe) the baby would start to head out or 2) I could have a c-section. I opted for the c-section. It was the whole "maybe" part about pushing for another hour that helped me with that one.

So at 8:07pm on Friday July 1, Emrie Kay came bounding out of my tummy! She weighed 7lbs 13 ozs and was 20 inches long. And would you believe, she never even cried? My parents and the in-laws all watched with amazement as Emrie was brought to the nursery - eyes wide up open and alert. Now, I know I'm a little prejudice BUT she truly is a beautiful little baby.

Because of the c-section and the holiday weekend, I ended up staying in hospital til the 4th. As for the crying...well, that part has changed some. She has a great set of lunges on her but normally only cries when she's hungry or needs to have her diaper changed. At about a week old, she and I are still struggling to get our sleep patterns down. Her's are about every two hours, mine are about zero! Thank God for my absolutely WONDERFUL husband who took the week off to stay home with me. There is no way I could ever do this alone.

I'll have some pictures up for you tomorrow. Thanks all for the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment