Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Trip to Nashville - Day 2

On Thursday, the day of the CMA Awards, Brian and I decided to do some of the touristy stuff like check out the Country Music Hall of Fame and Music City's Walk of Fame.  I love classic country music, so I LOVED the Country Music Hall of Fame.  It was so cool to see memorabilia from the good old days (not that I was around for them but I have a great appreciation for the music).  I learned things like Webb Peirce was the first country artist to introduce the steal guitar to country music.  Nice job, Webb.  There was a huge Patsy Cline exhibit.  I love me some Patsy.  I got to see Elvis Presley's gold Cadillac.  It actually has 24 karat gold headlight covers and crushed diamonds in the paint.  Nice but a little eccentric.  There was a huge Streets of Bakersfield section which paid tribute to the late, great Buck Owens.  In honor of one of the greatest movies of all time, El Toro, was also forever memorialized at the CMHoF.  That's right...the mechanical bull used in the movie Urban Cowboy.  And, probably my favorite part, there was clothes...lots and lots of clothes.  There were all types of outfits worn by country music legends such as Loretta Lynn, Conway Twitty, Charlie Pride, George Strait, Hank Jr, Alabama, Reba and more.  There was actually an entire section dedicated to Taylor Swift's attire. 


After the CMHoF we took a stroll down Broadway, listened to some country music while dining on burgers and stopped off at Ernest Tubb's Record Shop before heading back to the hotel to get ready for the night's festivities. 
El Toro

More on the CMA's in a few...

No comments:

Post a Comment