Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Nashville Trip - Day 2 continued...

It didn't take long before the big night was upon us! 


The red carpet

Before the show
We were just a couple of hours from the start of the CMA's and I was still trying to get ready.  Granted I wasn't going to be on the red carpet but still how many chances do I get to really get dressed up and go out on the town?  The answer:  Pretty much never.  Oh sure, I had a life before baby but those days are long gone.  So, I took full advantage of this opportunity.  I opted for an understated black dress with a V back and leopard print shoes with black and gold accessories.  Brian wore...well, exactly what I packed for him, jeans, long sleeve pearl snap shirt and a navy sports coat with his boots.  I have to be honest, he looked G-O-O-D! 




Zac Brown doin their thing
We got there about an hour before everything started.  That was plenty of time to catch a few country music stars on the red carpet and get to our seats.  Speaking of the red carpet, it's much smaller than I thought it would be and the stars are only on it for a split second before heading inside.  Our seats were on the first row of the balcony to the right of the stage.  Now keep in mind the Bridgestone is HUGE so while our seats were great we were still a pretty good distance from the action (see pics).  Because of the location of our seats we could see the front of the stage as well as behind it.  That was the really cool part.  We could see all the singers taking their places and getting ready to perform.  During the TV commercial breaks, they showed video clips of past CMA's.  And then they'd count it down...in 5-4-3-2-1 and we're live. 

After party with mac - n - cheese
After the CMA's we walked around downtown for a while.  We saw Darius Rucker, Big and Rich and Lee Brice going into an after party.  And although we couldn't get into the party, they did walk right by us.  I also snapped a picture of the Eli Young Band crossing the street and heading into a party. 

EYB headed to the after party


The highlight of my CMA after party was the gourmet mac-n-cheese I had for a late night snack.  DELICIOUS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment