Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Poor Little Mootzie



Last Thursday afternoon Emrie's daycare called to tell me that she had broken out in a rash. Then Alecia, the owner, sent me this picture. YIKES! They put her down for a nap and this is how she looked when she woke up! My poor little Mootzie. I picked her up and took her to the walk-in clinic because her regular doctor didn't have any appointments. I was really worried that it could be hand, foot and mouth because there has been an outbreak of babies I know with that. After a quick look, the doctor on call let me know that it definitely WAS NOT hand foot and mouth. What a relief. So, what was it? He had no clue. He asked if she had had any fever recently - which she did have low grade fever on Sunday and Monday so he decided it was the result of some kind of virus. He said take her home and she'd look better in a couple of days. I should mention that she seemed to feel absolutely fine. She just looked speckled. By the next morning she was back to normal - no bumps, no redness and going 90 to nothin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment