Monday, March 4, 2013

Emrie's first run in with the law!


Brian and I spent the weekend in Fort Worth. Some good friends of ours were getting married on Saturday so we decided to make a weekend out of it. My parents kept Emrie for us. Aiden was with his mom.

We called to check in with my parents Friday night. The conversation went something like this...

"How's it going?"
"The Washington County Sheriff's Deputies just left"
WHAT?"
"Well, you know how Emrie likes to play on the phone? She must have dialed 911."
"WHAT?"
"Yep. She was just talking away and handed me the phone so I hung it up and put it back in the holder. 30 seconds later it rang back. It was the police department saying they had received a 911 call. Your dad talked to them and said that the granddaughter must have dialed it by accident. We thought that was it til the doorbell rang. Two Sheriff's Deputies were at the door and wanted to 'talk' to the granddaughter."
"WHAT?"
"Apparently, they have to come out anytime 911 is called and if it was a child who made the call they want to talk to them about 911. They took one look at Emrie, who was peeking out from behind your dad's leg, and said never mind."

I'm relaying this whole conversation to Brian who says
"First run in with the law at 20 months old. I'm sure it won't be her last."
" WHAT?"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment